FEELING GOOD



You could say I have city fever. Even though I come from a small cow town in Georgia, I have always dreamed of living in a big city somewhere far, far away. And after living in Colorado Springs for three years (by far the largest city I have ever lived in), I am feeling the pull to something bigger, brighter and busier in my near future. I know I'm moving to Saint Petersburg, Russia in January (one of the largest cities in Europe) but I just don't think six months is going to get it out of my system. 

New York City, Chicago, Boston, LA.. These are the places I have been day dreaming about. These are also some of the best places for a young aspiring creative to immerse herself in for a while. I want to live in a city with culture, character, hole-in-the-wall cafes open later than 10pm, city lights, concrete jungles and new adventures behind every ally way.

And all of these thoughts come rushing back to me as I'm sitting by the window of Jives coffee shop in downtown Old Colorado City, listening to this guy sing the song above. It's like something in me is screaming to get up and go already. Well, maybe I will. Where will I end up next? I guess we'll both have to wait and see...

No comments

Back to Top