Adventures in ARUBA Pt. 2



One of the most amazing things about Aruba...the food! Fresh shrimp marinated in coconut sauce (caught earlier that morning no doubt), fish of all shapes and sizes served by the whole (eating around the eyes was a bit of a challenge for me), sushi bursting with flavor, the most tender meat and the sweetest wine I've ever had in my twenty-one years. Somehow, the local Wendy's down the street just doesn't do it for me anymore.

 

On one night, we went to a fancy little restaurant called Texas de Brazil. Let's just say it was one of the best experiences I've ever had…food wise. They start you off by filling everything you can onto a plate and taking it back to your table. Then, without warning, angels in blue shirts start to bring out a surplus of every kind of meat out on skewers, all for your choosing. As you can probably tell from the picture above, my mother didn't quite know what to do with herself, and the rest of us were no exception.


 This place was so great, even the airport was amazing! I didn't know whether to sit down, relax and soak up the sun, or run to catch my flight. I knew it.. I should have stayed..







Overall, the trip was a huge success. I came back relaxed, refreshed and about 4 shades darker (which was a personal goal of mine). Everything about this place never ceased to take my breath away; whether it was the history of pirates and sailors, the exquisite food and rich culture, or the mass array of colors melting together for each new sunset, Aruba is a place I will never forget.

"God's glory is on tour in the skies, God-craft on exhibit across the horizon." -Psalm 19:1

No comments

Back to Top