Twenty Four + New Adventures


Twenty-three has been a whirlwind of chances, adventures, and being stretched far more than I ever thought was possible. This past year I started dating my best friend and the man of my dreams, got engaged, became full-time at work, went to Brazil and Disney World for the first time, started a business, and fell more in love with God and with life then ever before. I know it sounds cliche to say that life gets better and better each year, but I can't help that it's true!

If this year has taught me anything, it's that seasons are a part of life and they come and they go as they please. You can't stop seasons from coming, or hold on to them once they're done, but you can embrace them, drawing out every possible lesson like buried treasure. We were meant to come out of each season stronger, more mature, more capable, and more aware of who we are and the gifts that we have to offer this world.

Looking to the year ahead, I know the adventures are only beginning but I also know that each season will hold a piece of what I need to get to where I'm going. Not knowing everything right now is part of the fun and I wouldn't trade this life for anything. After all, what's life without a little adventure!

At the closing of his final book of the Chronicles of Narnia, The Last Battle, C.S. Lewis leaves us with this beautiful picture,

And for us this is the end of all the stories, and we can most truly say that they all lived happily ever after. But for them it was only the beginning of the real story. All their life in this world and all their adventures in Narnia had only been the cover and the title page: now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story which no one on earth has read: which goes on for ever: in which every chapter is better than the one before. 

No comments

Back to Top