What Will You Write?




"Today is a brand new canvas. The only question is... what are you going to write?"

This pretty much sums up my life right now. It’s usually me and my pen in the back left corner of Jives Coffee Lounge in Old Colorado City. When people find out that you’re a writer, all of a sudden, they have a million projects that they’ve just been dying to do, and you are just the kind of person they’ve been looking for.

I don’t mind really; writing is my passion, and I’m honored to use what God has given me to help others with their goals and dreams. But sometimes, we can get so busy helping other people write their stories that we neglect to write our own.

But how does one write the story of one’s life? I believe it’s in the way we live. Every thought, every act, every word, and every adventure will tell the story of our time on this earth. But so many of us are not living, but rather just reacting to life, allowing circumstances and the opinions of others to dictate what story we tell.

“This is as true in life as it is in everyday battle: We are given one life and the decision is ours whether to wait for circumstances to make up our mind, or whether to act, and in acting, to live.” 
            -General Omar N. Bradley

The truth is, God has written a story for each of us before the world began. It was penned with such enthusiasm and anticipation as He imagined the life He was creating, barely able to contain His excitement of the day the world would experience the life He was writing. These words have been scribed on our hearts and we will never be truly satisfied with anything less.

I make it my goal to take what was penned in heaven and make it a reality in my life on earth. The words are there waiting for us, but they won’t just magically appear. We have to seek after them with all our heart and when we agree with the story, it becomes our own. So what story will you write?

“You must give up the life you planned in order to live the life that is waiting for you.”
            -Joseph Campbell 

1 comment

  1. Please write your first book already so I can buy it, use my hi-lighters in it and write all kinds of notes in it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top