Disney At Christmas


It's the most wonderful time of the year, in the most magical place on earth! I don't quite know what I was expecting for my first trip to Disney, but my heart was immediately won over. Everywhere you turned, you were greeted with the sweet aroma of freshly baked cookies hot out of the oven. Hot chocolate stands were never in short supply and everything seemed to be wrapped up in a bow. Even the air seemed to glow a golden warmth that made you think at any moment, a magic carpet was going to swoop down, lift you off the ground and fly you to a whole new world.


Highlights: 
  • Made it through five attractions in two hours at Magic Kingdom before getting kicked out for the Christmas Party, which included Pirates of the Caribbean, Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, The Haunted Mansion, and The Philhar Magic Show. 
  • Witnessed the very last year of the Osborn Family Lights at Hollywood Studios. There is truly nothing else like it!
  • Jeff learned that I am in fact prone to motion sickness and claustrophobia, like I warned! If you are too, do NOT right Mission Space. You should have seen the guys taking me on the Finding Nemo ride afterwards just to help calm me down.
  • We made it to the last day of the International Food and Wine Festival at Epcot, traveling around the world in approximately four hours. Favorites: Korean BBQ, German brats, Japanese saki, and of course, American funnel cake.  
  • That time we got lost in Morocco and ran into Jasmine and Aladdin! 
  • Did I mention the castle at night was Frozen themed? Enough said. 
  • And of course when that really annoying lady told a very tired Matt at the end of the night that he dropped his smile. I don't think I've ever laughed that hard before... 

No comments

Back to Top